Vanilla & Berry Cheesecake
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST
– 1/2 cup nuts (walnuts, almonds, brazil nuts or pumpin seeds: I have used all and they all come out amazing!)
– 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates (any type of date is fine though)
– tiny pinch of Himalayan pink sea salt
– (optional: small palmfull coconut flakes)
INGREDIENTS FOR CHEESECAKE
– 1 1/2 cups cashews (soaked at least 4 hours)
– Juice of 2 lemons
– 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1/3 cup raw virgin coconut oil
– 1/3 cup honey or agave
– 1 cup berries (strawberries, blueberries or raspberries)
1. Mix all crust ingredients in food processor until ‘dough’ forms. Push into the bottom of a spring pan. (Depending on the size, you can make the crust as thick/thin as you like- I recommend thick though!)
2. Drain water from cashews. Add to food processor with the lemon juice, coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Blend until completely smooth, scraping sides as necessary.
3. Pour 2/3 of the mixture over the crust, smoothing over with a spoon. Leave 1/3 of the mix in the food processor and add berries; blend until smooth. Pour over first layer.
4. Add cacao nibs, goji berries, or extra berries as a topping and put in freezer for 2 hours. Remove and semi thaw, or eat as is.
I hope you like this absolutely amazing recipe!